We take a holistic approach to garden design and landscape installation. Each of our gardens is a bespoke design which has been tailored to suit the personal taste and lifestyle of a specific client.
From townhouse gardens to large residential stands in equestrian estates, from corporate offices to public parks and hotels, we can provide you with a custom landscape design and highly supervised installation.
We are a full-service landscaping company, offering a turnkey solution from providing a professional garden design (2D CAD or 3D design) through to plant supply and installation as well as the construction of garden elements such as water features, decking, paving, fire pits, outdoor kitchens etc.
We are based just off the intersection of Beyers Naude Drive (M5) and the N14 Krugersdorp / Pretoria highway in Gauteng, (find us here) but we work anywhere!
We have clients throughout South Africa and we also service clients in many other countries. Find out more about the landscaping services that we offer to our International clients…
There are many landscapers and each has their own approach to their work. Unfortunately, many landscapers still make use of sketches or concept drawings which are not drawn to scale or they simply explain what they aim to achieve without relating theses to real-life measurements . These ‘designs’ may sound great and even look fantastic on paper but simply cannot result in an accurate quotation.
Landscaping is a lot like building a house in that you can’t ask a builder to quote you on building your house without first giving them a set of house plans.
We take a professional approach to our work. We provide our clients with a professional landscape design that is drawn to scale and provides us with the information required in order to properly and accurately quote on our projects For you, this means no hidden costs – each item supplied is listed on our quotation.
Like any creative art, landscape design is a time-consuming process and better results are achieved with time.
Each of our designs is based on the taste and lifestyle of a specific client, we do not copy and paste from one client to the next – please visit our photo galleries to see the many varied designs that we have created and installed over the years.
We generate our livelihood from our creativity, attention to detail, years of experience and our reputation for designing and installing beautiful gardens extends well beyond the borders of our country.
As one of the most celebrated design and build landscaping companies in South Africa, we offer an unrivaled service to our clients.
Of course, there are different horses for different courses and there are many landscapers who will provide a design at no cost (typically a rough sketch that is not drawn to scale or properly quantified).
We offer free consultations at our 44-acre plant farm in Muldersdrift by appointment. You are most welcome to bring a set of house plans and photos of your garden with you and we will provide you with our input with absolutely no obligation from your side. …we also have really good coffee to enjoy while we discuss your project.
There are a number of reasons why a detailed CAD design is the best way to design a garden:
- The plants and other items used in the CAD design are defined and quantified so that you as the client, know exactly how many of each type and size of plants are going to be supplied in order to complete your garden (ie. You know what you are buying)
- Design changes are easily made – we tailor our designs to your requirements
- Scale drawings help to ensure correct plant quantities and plant spacing. This prevents over and under-populated plant beds once the job has been completed (ie. You know that you are buying as far as possible the correct quantities of materials)
- The final product is far easier to accurately envisage than it would be if your only source of reference was simply an abstract free-hand sketch
Once you accept our quotation for for installation, we allocate one of our installation managers to the project. Your installation manager is on site throughout the installation and together with your designer, they bring your design to life!
This high level of supervision ensures not only that the integrity of the design, but also that a high standard of work and attention to detail are maintained.
Yes we certainly do!
We have undertaken landscaping projects ranging in size from 20m2 to over 60,000m2.
As in almost any industry, we are sorry to say that there are also unscrupulous and unprofessional landscapers in the green industry.
By choosing The Friendly Plant, peace of mind is part of the package:
- We are a member of The Evergreen Group, one of the biggest players in the green industry in South Africa
- We operate from a 44-acre farm, which is owned by our group – this is one of the largest plant-growing facilities in South Africa
- We have a proven track record, having formally entered the green industry in 1995 and garden landscape design and installation in 2006 (winning our first award in 2008!)
- Our work has is regularly featured in the media including glossy lifestyle magazines, hardcover books, radio and television programs
- We can provide you with a list of clients who can give you the assurance and peace of mind that you are looking for