Garden design and landscaping services
The garden is an incredibly important part of any home as it is not only the first view that any visitor will see, creating that all-important first impression, but it is also the place that you will spend time relaxing and enjoying your leisure time. So why not have your own paradise at home?
Each person has their own idea of what makes a great garden, this is why we take our clients’ input so seriously. It is our job to impliment gardens that suit the requirements, likes and lifestyle of our clients.
Our careful attention to detail and close supervision ensures that every job undertaken is performed to the highest standard and we endeavor to exceed the expectations of our clients every step of the way.
You are ONLY THREE STEPS away from your DREAM GARDEN… this is the process that we follow…
Step #1: Your wish list, our creativity – Getting things started
Our first step is to visit the site (for national and international clients additional costs may be applicable – please contact us for more information in this regard). The site visit is where we obtain a site plan from the client, we take critical site measurements, lots of photos of the spaces in which we are to design and of course we also obtain our client’s wish list. The wish list includes all of the hardscape elements (walkways, patios, water features, fire pits, pools etc.) as well as any particular preference in terms of planting style (formal, informal, indigenous, contemporary, country, water-wise, tropical etc.) and colours.
Step #2: The Masterplan – The design handover
Once your design is complete, we have a formal handover at our 44-acre plant farm in Muldersdrift.
During the design handover, we:
- present you with a large format printout of your design
- present our 3D designs and 2D design sketches using our big screen projector
- explain the different aspects of your design
- show you different options in terms of hardscape finishes (flooring, decking, cladding and other finishes)
- show you a display of the plants used in your garden design – this will give you a good idea of the look and feel that we are trying to create in your design
- present you with a quotation for the garden installation
At the design handover, you will have the opportunity to make any fine-tuning adjustments to your design – every design is a custom landscape design which starts with a blank page and is based on the specific requirements of each client.
Step #3: Let’s do it! – Installing your project
We are able to install your garden all at once or in phases over a few months or even years. Upon acceptance of our quotation, you will be allocated an installation manager. Your installation manager is dedicated to the installation of your project and is on site with the installation team throughout the day during installation (our installation managers only leave site to collect supplies for the project or if there is an emergency elsewhere).
Your installation manager will take photos of your installation throughout the course of each day. These photos are then reviewed on a daily basis during an early morning meeting with the designers and their respective installation managers in order to identify and resolve any problems on site and any quality issues that there may be. This is also an opportunity for us to monitor the progress on each project.
Our designers also perform periodic site visits to their installation sites in order to see first-hand how the project is progressing in terms of timing and quality.
Upon completion of your project, we have two handovers:
- The first handover is with your installation manager and affords you the opportunity to comment on our service, confirm that there are no outstanding items and also to confirm that your garden is clean and free of tools and equipment.
- The second handover takes place off once any issues identified during the first handover have been dealt with. At this handover, your designer will walk you through your completed garden, answer any questions you may have and also confirm that the installation is up to standard.
The above supervision and quality control results in the beautiful gardens which are the reason for most of our clients choosing us as their preferred turnkey garden landscaping solution.